Prev: Re: Tank vision systems Next: Re: SGII Campaign Idea

Re: Tank vision systems

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 23:09:43 +1300
Subject: Re: Tank vision systems

RE: Tank vision systemsOwen wrote:
> IR absorbing foam?
> The IR 'footprint' would be left by the tracks overturning the earth,
leaving exposed soil a slightly different signature to the normal top
soil.
To cover this with foam would require an enormous volume?! Even with 23C
tech I think this would be an unlikely scenario to seriously contemplate
for
full movement. maybe it could be used for a couple of kms movement but
in
armoured warfare knowing that a troop of tanks is within a 10km square
is
good enough to despatch your hunter/killer teams!
> Ah, another justification for GEV/hover; lower IR signature from
airborne/aerospace surveillance platforms?

I haven't got a camera or scanner, I could scan it and send the picture,
once I find it again. In the picture, the foam is about a meter or so
deep.
The text mentions that it can only cover tracks for a while.

Andrew Martin
Whose room is so deep in books, that no one realises I'm hiding in it...
ICQ: 26227169
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
-><-

Prev: Re: Tank vision systems Next: Re: SGII Campaign Idea