Prev: Re: Tanks Next: Re: Tank vision systems

Re: Tank vision systems

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 17:07:26 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Tank vision systems

On Fri, 4 Feb 2000, Roger Books wrote:

> How do you defeat passive sensors that rely on the environment?
Anything
> that takes out the sensors takes out the electronics in the tank which
> takes out the tank.

Smoke? Chemicals? Something that reacts with optical sensors not coated
with "X" optical coating? Nanites? What have you.

Camo has gotten to the point that most of a soldiers kit is transparent
to radar.  The only thing not transparent is the rifle and ammo.

> If you can describe a countermeasure that keeps the tank from seeing
> but doesn't stop a mark I eyeball I would be interested in hearing
> it.  (And heavy weapons stop the eyeball also :)

Its a matter of having a number of options open, not relying totally on
the electronics. You propose relying totally on the electronics, or so
it
seems.

- Ryan Montieth Gill	  NRA / DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -
-  No more limits on the 2nd amendment. Enforce the extant laws  -

Prev: Re: Tanks Next: Re: Tank vision systems