Prev: SG2: scenario with the UN Next: Re: Partisan at Newark UK

Re: (OT) Naming the Aliens

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 23:38:35 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: (OT) Naming the Aliens

On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, Roger Books wrote:

> On  3-Feb-00 at 13:25, Anthony Leibrick (a.leibrick@virgin.net) wrote:
> > Hi
> > If this has been mentioned before I apologise but somthing just
struck me
> > about fictional alien names:
> >
> > GZGverse has the Kra'vak
> > 2300AD system had the Kafer (who called themselves IIRC Kavak?)
> > Traveller, the K'kree, AKA Centaurs
> > C J Cheryh's Compact Space (Pride of Chanur etc) the Kif
> > David Weber's Apocalypse Troll, the Kangas (because they looked
like....!)
> > Larry Niven's Known Space, the Kzin
> > Marvel Comics in the 70s had the Kree
> > The movie Forbidden Planet has the lost race of the Krell
> > Peter F Hamilton's Nights Dawn Trilogy has the enigmatic Kiint
> > and of course there is Star Trek's Klingons
> >
> > You can see the pattern. I just wondered why it was so popular?
>
> You wouldn't want your evil alien race names to K'lash.

this list?

Please?

Brian (yh728@victoria.tc.ca)
-DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-
		   - http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -
-SciFi & Fantasy Wargaming House Rules, Photos, GWAutobasher, & more-
   -"Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous."-
	 - from Terry Pratchett's 'Interesting Times' -

Prev: SG2: scenario with the UN Next: Re: Partisan at Newark UK