Prev: Re: Tanks Next: Re: Looking for Cybertank Figure......

Re: DS2 -- War of the Worlds

From: Tom Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 00:18:21 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: DS2 -- War of the Worlds

On Wed, 2 Feb 2000 BDShatswell@aol.com wrote:

> I have not owned DS2 very long, and it has been sitting on the shelf
for the
> short while I have owned it.	Buuutttt, I have started teaching my
middle
> school reading class H. G. Wells' War of the Worlds, and I think this
might
> be an interesting scenario to play out at the local shop (and maybe a
fun way
> to introduce the game to some buds).	Has anyone ever tried this
before?  If
> so, are you willing to share your Martian stats?  And would this be
too
> complicated for a demo?

you might want to have a look at 'A Fist Full Of Tripods' (from A Fist
Full Of Games; expect a supplement 'For A Few Tripods More' :) ). see:

http://www.tyler.net/tbeard/Tripods.htm

i haven't looked closely, but his modern system ('A Fist Full Of TOWs')
is
blasted good.

tom

Prev: Re: Tanks Next: Re: Looking for Cybertank Figure......