Prev: Re: Looking for Cybertank Figure...... Next: DS2 -- War of the Worlds

Re: Poll on HB Items

From: BDShatswell@a...
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 19:27:55 EST
Subject: Re: Poll on HB Items

In a message dated 02/02/2000 9:58:55 AM Central Standard Time,
schoon@aimnet.com writes:

> OK, there's two concepts out there that could work, but I need a feel
for
>  what people WANT.
>
>  [1] Dean's idea to have a BPS simply generate half its capacity in
EPs
>  every turn. No dice rolling.

This sounds agreeable to me.  It is simpler and cleaner.  I can live
with
this.

>  [2] Re-rolls on 6's for damage.

The strongest argument against this is the pulse-topedo/missile one.  I
WAS
for the re-rolls.  I wanted to remain true to the EFSB.  But the
internal
consistency of the FT mechanics is more important to me.  Another link
could
be historical.	IIRC we discussed the HB as a UN weapon developed from
existing pulse-torpedo technology.  I don't know if that was ever agreed

upon, but it is how I will play my UN minis (as soon as I order them).

I guess if I want the
godawefullyexpensivemegadestructoheatrayweaponofdeath I
will have to use the nova cannon and wave guns.  (I liked Brian's
Focused
Wave Gun.  I may use that as a Romulan mauler device to convert one of
my SFB
friends over to the side of good.)

Bill

Prev: Re: Looking for Cybertank Figure...... Next: DS2 -- War of the Worlds