Prev: Re: New NAC ship and a cheese question Next: Re: Poll on HB Items

RE: Tanks

From: "Andrew Apter" <andya@s...>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 17:16:37 -0500
Subject: RE: Tanks

>>More units - each one less efficent than tanks with larger crews.

That has more to do with training time than crew size.	The real problem
with piloting a tank vs crewing a tank is information overload.  Just
like
with an attack aircraft the smallest functional crew will depend on how
the
weapons system interface with the crew.  Will the tank drive itself wile
look around or not, are weapons fire and forget,  do I have to monitor
30
systems or just a few idiot lights?

 Here is another fun one:

How do you differentiate a one man tank from an infantry man in combat
armor
or a mech-walker.  Do you lose the spirit of the tanker?   How important
is
that?

If you ain't Cav you ain't - but I is air Cav

Prev: Re: New NAC ship and a cheese question Next: Re: Poll on HB Items