Prev: Re: Heavy Beams - 3rd Attempt Next: Re: Heavy Beams - 3rd Attempt

RE: Heavy Beams - 3rd Attempt

From: "Dean Gundberg" <dean.gundberg@n...>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 09:04:43 -0600
Subject: RE: Heavy Beams - 3rd Attempt

> >I'll try and have a go this way and Noams way this weekend and see
which
> >flows faster/confuses me less and get back to you (though 4 days
> is a long
> >time on the mailer so we'll probably all off discussing something
> >completely different by then).
>
> We just need some weay of making a higher class BPS generate more
power
> than a lower class one. Otherwise it's far better to buy smaller ones.

I just have the system generate half of its rated max every turn, simple
and
hard to mess up.  I felt that the method in EFSB was too random and I
did
not want to use a system that tracked all other power usage. I did not
want
the capacitor to fill up in only 1 turn, but 3 was too many, so the half
charge a turn seemed to fit.

Also here is how I implemented HBs into my Sci-Fi Crossover B5 ships.  I
converted the ships to FB1 for all other systems, but for the HBs, I
think I
did the capacitor at 4 mass plus its 2 times its class (a class 6
capacitor
would then be 16 mass) and each Beam Emitter was 2 mass.  Costs were 3
per
mass.  I don't have my modified spreadsheet here with me so I can't be
sure
but those are what I remember and I'll check tonight.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://star_ranger.homestead.com/
star_ranger@my-deja.com

Prev: Re: Heavy Beams - 3rd Attempt Next: Re: Heavy Beams - 3rd Attempt