Prev: Re: [FT] Heavy Beams 2nd Draft Next: Re: Heavy Beams - 3rd Attempt

Re: Heavy Beams - 3rd Attempt

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 20:24:18 -0800
Subject: Re: Heavy Beams - 3rd Attempt

>OK but cumbersome. The less die rolling and figuring, the better. I say
roll
>1 die per class level, divided by 2 for total EPs, round down. Numbers
for
>EP are virtually the same, statisitcally with half the dice and easier
>figuring.

The problem with this is that Class 1 BPS and Class 3 BPS both generate
the
same amount of power. That's not right.

>True, but that measn that 2/4/6 are still the most useful descriptors
of
>capacitance than Class 1/2/3. But that's a semantic value only

True. I'm willing to concede that if that's what people want.

>Disagree:
> Beam Emitter: (# = EP emitter is capable of passsing)
> Emitter 1		1 MASS	2 POINT COST
> Emitter 2		1 MASS	3 POINT COST
> Emitter 3		2 MASS	4 POINT COST
> Emitter 4		2 MASS	6 POINT COST
> Emitter 5		3 MASS	6 POINT COST
> Emitter 6		3 MASS	9 POINT COST

I can see this. Do people want this much granularity. 3 Classes works
fine;
so does your proposal, but I'm trying to keep this simple.

Schoon

Prev: Re: [FT] Heavy Beams 2nd Draft Next: Re: Heavy Beams - 3rd Attempt