Prev: Re: Tanks Next: RE: Tanks

Re: Heavy Beams - 3rd Attempt

From: BDShatswell@a...
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 22:23:13 EST
Subject: Re: Heavy Beams - 3rd Attempt

Hello again all,

In a message dated 02/01/2000 4:20:03 PM Central Standard Time,
Noam.Izenberg@jhuapl.edu writes:

> > The BPS generates power at the beginning of each turn, During Step
1:
>  Write
>  > Orders for All Ships. The BPS rolls two dice for each class rating,
which
>  > are scored like Beam dice. The result is the number of EPs added to
the
>  > BPS's capacitor, up to its maximum. For example, on a Class 2 BPS
the
>  rolls
>  > are 2, 3, 5, and 6 (re-roll of 3). This generates (0+0+1+2) 3 EPs.
>
>  OK but cumbersome. The less die rolling and figuring, the better. I
say
roll
>  1 die per class level, divided by 2 for total EPs, round down.
Numbers for
>  EP are virtually the same, statisitcally with half the dice and
easier
>  figuring.

I would like to toss out for you all to discuss another option for
recharging
heavy beams. . .

The BPS generates power directly from the main drive of the vessel.
During
the orders-writing phase, the player may spend unused MD points toward
charging the capacitor.  EX:  A top secret experimental UNSC prototype
BB
(thrust-4) plots its course as P2+2 and shunts 2 points toward its empty
BPS
giving it a total charge of 2 EPs ready to be expended during the
weapons
fire phase or stored for later use.  Maneuver thrust can not be used to
charge the BPS.

Comments, critiques?

Bill

Prev: Re: Tanks Next: RE: Tanks