Prev: Re: EFSB Next: Re: Tanks vs. APCs

Re: Tank Sizes

From: DracSpy@a...
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 02:19:32 EST
Subject: Re: Tank Sizes

In a message dated 1/31/2000 10:45:40 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Thomas.Barclay@sofkin.ca writes:

> You realize there is a trend towards heavier ordinance? Some new
designs
>  (not counting the ones loosely based around lasers or railguns) are
talking
>  about 130-140mm main ordinance? Heck, they've got 105mm mounted on an
8x8
>  and I understand someone is working on (may be done) a 120mm turret
for an
>  8x8 wheeled chassis. If these upgunned FSVs can carry that kind of
>  ordinance, a tank probably should be going bigger or nastier.

Shure, but they should be getting bigger, but there comes a point were
you
just can't get it any more combat effective, something about breach over

pressuring that I read about when doing a sci fair project on coil guns.
-Stephen

Prev: Re: EFSB Next: Re: Tanks vs. APCs