Prev: Re: FMC Rules anyone Next: Re: Tanks vs. APCs

Re: Heavy Beam Notes and 2nd draft

From: BDShatswell@a...
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 00:14:40 EST
Subject: Re: Heavy Beam Notes and 2nd draft

Hello Beth, Schoon, everyone!

I may be quite off with what I have come up with, but I'm not scared of
throwing it out here and seeing what becomes of it. ;-)

I looked through Schoon's Heavy Beams, even adjusted the copy of Beth's
rules
I had on my site (URL:
http://members.xoom.com/bstraycat/ft/newsystems.htm)
because I liked the feel of Schoon's charging mechanism.  Like Beth,
however,
I wanted to preserve as much of the EFSB rules as possible.  While
doodling
with what everyone had come up with, the following idea (which ventures
far
from the EFSB) sprang to life. . .

What if there were one class of BPS?  This BPS can store up to 6 EPs
that are
generated in the aforementioned Schoon style.  A vessel can carry
multiple
one-arc BEs linked to the BPS.	If separate BPS are allowed onboard,
then a
system to clearly define which BEs are linked to which BPS will need to
be
developed.  This could be similar to the SM launcher/SM magazine
concept.

A single standard BPS necessitates several classes of BEs as defined
below:

Class 1 Emitter -- can emit up to 2 EP (2 dice)
Class 2 Emitter -- can emit up to 4 EP (4 dice)
Class 3 Emitter -- can emit up to 6 EP (6 dice)

Emitters are one-arc weapons unaffected by screens.  Cost for all
components
is 3 x Mass.

My numbers are arbitrary as I have not played Full Thrust nearly as long
as
many of you, but they felt right to me.  It would be simple enough to
rearrange the numbers or variate the Emitter classes.  It is the concept
upon
which I would like comments and critiques.

Bill Shatswell

Prev: Re: FMC Rules anyone Next: Re: Tanks vs. APCs