Prev: RE: New NAC ship and a cheese question Next: Israeli APCs

re: [FT] Heavy Beams

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 17:14:35 -0800
Subject: re: [FT] Heavy Beams

>so what prevents someone (who wants 6 EP) from buying a Class 1 (2 EP)
and
>Class 2 BPS (4 EP)
>and purchasing one BE?  the BPSs are cheaper by 4 mass and
statistically
>recharge faster.
>OR do you restrict a BE to be connected to only one BPS to prevent this
abuse?

Exactly. I'll add that explicitly in the next draft.

>several questions.  are these FT dice?  or do you see a beam weapon as
an auto
>hit, but
>reduced d6 damage with range?

Not an auto-hit, except possibly at 0-6" range.

Example: A ship uses 3 EPs through a BE to get a nasty enemy type. He
rolls
three dice (2,4,5). If the enemy was 20" away (-3), these dice would be
scored (0,1,2) for three points of damage.

Schoon

Prev: RE: New NAC ship and a cheese question Next: Israeli APCs