Prev: Re: Max Thrust Next: Re: Tanks vs. APCs

Re: Tanks vs. APCs

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 00:29:05 +0100
Subject: Re: Tanks vs. APCs

Indy wrote:

> > (I suppose it'll be time for our semi-annual thread on how IFVs
suck
> > because the troopers think they're tanks?)	;-p
>
> <whine>
>
> Man, I tell ya, IFVs *suck*! I took a bunch up against a few MBTs,
and
> they ALL got WASTED!! And not ONE of my opponent's MBTs were so >
much as scratched!

You're obviously using the wrong IFVs, then. Get a platoon of CV90120s
- with a nastier main guns than the M1A2 or Leopard 2S, and still
enough room for a 6-man squad (IIRC, might be 8-man instead), and at a
fraction of the price... and make sure you get to fire first ;-)

...'course, this is another modern combat vehicle which can't be built
in DSII. You can't fit both a turreted class 4 gun *and* an infantry
squad in a size-3 vehicle :-( You can simulate it by giving it extra
stealth levels, but a CV90 isn't big enough to rate size 4 IMO <sigh>

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Max Thrust Next: Re: Tanks vs. APCs