Prev: re: Official 15mm poll Next: RE: Tanks vs. APCs

Re: Tanks vs. APCs

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 20:57:44 -0500
Subject: Re: Tanks vs. APCs

"Thomas.Barclay" wrote:

> Someone commented that people keep thinking an APC is bulletproof.
Heck,
> even today (or not long ago at any rate, there may have been a refit),
I saw
> a TV program indicating the Bradley was succeptible in some locations
> fire from infantry support arms (Dshk I think).

By bullet proof if you mean small arms, and shrapnel yes they are. 50
cals,
Dshks and whatnot are not small arms. The only people under that
illusion that
IFVs are as impervious as tanks are pundits and civilians.  Anyone
riding in
APCs/IFVs, working on them or fighting with them is not under that
illusion.

Los

(I suppose it'll be time for our semi-annual thread on how IFVs suck
because the
troopers think they're tanks?)	;-p

Prev: re: Official 15mm poll Next: RE: Tanks vs. APCs