Prev: Re: M113 APCs and Things Next: RE: M113 APCs and Things

Re: M113 APCs and Things

From: Michael Sarno <msarno@p...>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 18:44:51 -0500
Subject: Re: M113 APCs and Things

"Glover, Owen" wrote:

> I don't think we need to do anything more really. The M113 is a Size2
> vehicle with Armour Class 1. If troops are buttoned up and are caught
> in the beaten zone of arty then suppression is all that we give them
> in game terms.

Owen,
    I think it would be best to use the rules as written and roll to see
if the armor is penetrated (p.47).

> If troops are exposed or riding on top then casualties as per normal
> rules. The gunners behind wing shields get Hard Cover bonus of 2 die
> shifts and a third for In Position I would think.

    I'm not really comfortable with allowing troops to get "in position"
on a vehicle.  To my way of thinking, that would consist of buttoning
up.  But I welcome you to try to convince me otherwise. <g>

-Mike

--
Michael Sarno

http://vietnam.isonfire.com
Check out the Charlie Company Discussion Group:
Info, resources, and links for RAFM's miniatures
skirmish wargame of infantry combat in Vietnam 1965-1972

"The world has no room for cowards.
 We must all be ready to toil, to suffer, to die.
 And yours is no less noble because no drum beats
 before you when you go out in your daily battlefields.
 And no crowds shout about your coming when you
 return from your daily victory or defeat."
 -Robert Louis Stevenson

Prev: Re: M113 APCs and Things Next: RE: M113 APCs and Things