Prev: A question of scale Next: Re: Jericho [Was: Idiots' Guide to Wave Guns]

Re: Jericho [Was: Idiots' Guide to Wave Guns]

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 12:14:13 -0500
Subject: Re: Jericho [Was: Idiots' Guide to Wave Guns]

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@aimnet.com>

>> Noam - thinking about putting said item on his future
Jericho(Brigade) BC

> I would advise against this. Of course, Naom is free to do whatever
the
> heck he wants to in "his FT universe." However, I'm personally against
the
> unbalanced systems for FT.

Wave Guns and their like have discussion cycles on this list every
several
months. Last time I was looking, the general impression has been that
WG's
are much more balanced in the FB system than they were in FT2.
"Untested" or
or "Unproved" may be a better description. With the answers to the
questions
I'd asked, it's looking less likely I'll want to use a WG (Unless Brian
Bell's additional WG questions have answers that I like...). It just
seemed
appropriate to have something like it on that particular ship. Perhaps
someday, Our Friend Jon will fit WG's and Novas back into the
'accpetable'
bestiary of weapons. Or perhaps I'll find something in the FB2 to
adapt...

> I think that it shows a great deal more ingenuity to do well with
creative
> combinations of the basics than to rely on the risky (or lucky).

It depends what you want to do. Generally I might agree with you ,
except
for 2 things: 1) Here,I wanted to have a ship with a specific feel
(based on
its appearance) that none of the 'basics' fits sufficiently; and 2)
Sometimes people like trying to create dynamics not covered in the
'basics'.
There's another cycle (maybe every month or every other month) where new
weapons or other systems get proposed and discussed. I like that a great
deal.

Noam

Prev: A question of scale Next: Re: Jericho [Was: Idiots' Guide to Wave Guns]