Prev: Simply Skirmish Next: [Convention] GZG East Coast Convention - 4 weeks to go!

Re: M113 APCs and Things

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 00:15:16 +1300
Subject: Re: M113 APCs and Things

It was written:
> > Unless you're on an old style PT boat where the gun shield was made
of
plywood and was to keep salt spray out of the gunner's face.

> <chuckle> There's that, true. I doubt if the M113 is quite that fast
when
wading/swimming, though ;-)

Of course, here in NZ, some army guys tried driving a M113 across a bay.
It's top was _below_ the sea water, most of the time. Only constant
pumping
kept it afloat. I got this from a guy in Intelligence, who got it from a
friend, I believe.

Andrew Martin
ICQ: 26227169
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
-><-

Prev: Simply Skirmish Next: [Convention] GZG East Coast Convention - 4 weeks to go!