Prev: Re: Militias and Rifles Next: Re: Militias and Rifles

Re: Militias and Rifles

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 23:53:21 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Militias and Rifles

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Imre A. Szabo wrote:

> I'm assuming militia is last minute conscripts and/or volunteers
and/or police,
> not reserves.  There training will be a shadow of reservesists.  How
many SWAT
> teams train on close assaulting tanks or what to do if you come under
artillary
> fire...

Thats a question of tactics and equipment both, but the chechens seem to

be doing pretty damn well at it...

> I disagree.  Your'e talking a 50% increase in mass.  Even with better
balance,
> it is not going to be easy.  In the bush without tansport, humping it
will be a
> %^#$^$%^&^.  The good news is that combat tends to get the adrenaline
going...

Thing is, it removes the needed requirement for a few other bits of kit.

Mainly frag grenades, LAW 66's and the Nightvision gear. Not all troops
will have them, just the Grenadier Designate. And if the mission calls
for not having the 20mm part, you can attach the stock to the 5.56mm
part
and use just that...

- Ryan Montieth Gill	  NRA / DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -

Prev: Re: Militias and Rifles Next: Re: Militias and Rifles