Prev: Re: Idiots Guide to Wave Guns? Next: Re: Rifle types

Re: M113 APCs and Things

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 19:57:06 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: M113 APCs and Things

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Michael Sarno wrote:

>     OK, so how do we handle this?  Someone is shooting a .51 cal HMG
at the M113 ACAV.
> He is trying to hit the commander who is behind his shield.  We'll
give the commander a
> range and armor shift equivalent to hard cover, two die shifts.  Are
there any chances
> that some of the "missed" shots are going to hit the M60 gunners?  How
about
> "accidentally" hitting the ACAV itself?

I don't think the rounds (SLAP or otherwise) are going to care about the

shield in front of the Commander or the hatch cover behine him. They
won't care much about the commander either. The only people I'd consider

safe would be the guys behind the engine compartment. The Driver is SOL
IMO too. A few inches of Al armour (or .5" of Mild Steel) aren't
going to do squat against the .50 or higher class. I'd want a big
detroit
diesel between me and one of those.

How this would work game mechanic wise, I'm not sure, Perhaps roll for
as
against armour. What was the general AP ability of the HMG that was
decided? It should have been set up to deal with strength 1 armour...

- Ryan Montieth Gill	  NRA / DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -

Prev: Re: Idiots Guide to Wave Guns? Next: Re: Rifle types