Prev: Re: FT: battles report Next: Re: M113 APCs and Things

Re: M113 APCs and Things

From: Michael Sarno <msarno@p...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 17:43:50 -0500
Subject: Re: M113 APCs and Things

Ryan M Gill wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Michael Sarno wrote:
>
> >	Do you think this warrants giving the gunners on the ACAV any
cover bonuses?

> Probably partial if not good hard cover. If you have a proper model,
just
> look at where the fire is coming from. If you can draw line of sight
and
> the gunner isn't pointed that way, have at it.

    OK, so how do we handle this?  Someone is shooting a .51 cal HMG at
the M113 ACAV.
He is trying to hit the commander who is behind his shield.  We'll give
the commander a
range and armor shift equivalent to hard cover, two die shifts.  Are
there any chances
that some of the "missed" shots are going to hit the M60 gunners?  How
about
"accidentally" hitting the ACAV itself?

-Mike

--
Michael Sarno

http://vietnam.isonfire.com
Check out the Charlie Company Discussion Group:
Info, resources, and links for RAFM's miniatures
skirmish wargame of infantry combat in Vietnam 1965-1972

"The world has no room for cowards.
 We must all be ready to toil, to suffer, to die.
 And yours is no less noble because no drum beats
 before you when you go out in your daily battlefields.
 And no crowds shout about your coming when you
 return from your daily victory or defeat."
 -Robert Louis Stevenson

Prev: Re: FT: battles report Next: Re: M113 APCs and Things