Prev: Re: SG II Paradrop, orbital drop Next: Leader Replacement

Re: SG II - Heavy Gear minis

From: -MWS- <mshurtleff1@u...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 11:45:20 -0800
Subject: Re: SG II - Heavy Gear minis

At 11:01 AM 1/27/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>Just bought one of the Heavy Gear minis, I believe
>it's a Jager ... I had in mind using them as power
>armor, but after putting it together, I think it may
>be just a bit too big. I might end up using it as a
>size II walker.
>
>Anyway, I've seen the box set of their tactical
>squads. Are they the same size as the Jagers or any
>smaller? Does anybody else use the Heavy Gear stuff in StarGrunt?

Warning! Warning! Warning!
Talking about Heavy Gear miniatures is a "Hot Button" topic! :-)

OK, now that I've gotten that out of my system - be warned that the
"new"
HG minitures produced by Dream Pod 9 in the small boxed sets with full
color box art are 1:144 scale (12mm), while the Jaeger that you bought
in a
blister pack is OOP from RAFM and are 1:87 scale (20mm).

If you have located the larger boxed sets that are labeled "Azure
Devils"
or "Desert Sharks", then those two particular sets are the older OOP
gears
at the 1:87 scale.  Look for RAFM as the manufacturer to verify.  If you
are looking at the "Northern General Purpose Gear Squadron" or similar,
in
a smallish full-color box, then those are the newer 12mm Gears, and
would
only work if you play SG2 at 10mm or 15mm scales.

I have a *lot* of the RAFM Heavy Gear miniatures, but I use them for
playing Heavy Gear! <g>

Mark "Hauptmann" Shurtleff
 email: hauptman@sfcmd.com
 StarFighter Command Homepage: http://www.sfcmd.com/

Prev: Re: SG II Paradrop, orbital drop Next: Leader Replacement