Prev: Re: [SG2] Squad chain-of-command? Next: Re: [FMA] [Jon ?] Close combat weapons - two systems ?

Re: [SG2] Impact / Armor roll die shifts?

From: -MWS- <mshurtleff1@u...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 13:43:39 -0800
Subject: Re: [SG2] Impact / Armor roll die shifts?

At 04:31 PM 1/26/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>-MWS- wrote:
[snip]
>> So, does the Armor die roll get a +1/+2 open shift for soft/hard
cover?	I
>> will assume yes, but it would be nice to know for certain before my
first
>> game. :-)
>
>    OK, here's how we do it.  We have three different types of cover:
>
>Light: tall grass and heavy scrub, shift +1 range die
>Soft: woods, shift +1 range and armor dice
>Hard: solid objects, shift +2 range and armor dice
>
>-Mike

Thanks, Mike, but that still leaves the "open shift" aspect of the
Imapct/Armor rolls a little confused. :-)

Example: Trooper with Lasgun (2/d8) rolls for a potential hit against a
Marine in Light Power Armor (d10).

Marine is out in the Open: No shift, Impact d8 against Armor d10.
Marine is in Soft Cover:   One shift, Impact d8 against Armor d12.
Marine is in Hard Cover:   Two shifts, Impact d6(?) against Armor d12.

It's the last case that I'd like confirmed. <g>

Mark "Hauptmann" Shurtleff
 email: hauptman@sfcmd.com
 StarFighter Command Homepage: http://www.sfcmd.com/

Prev: Re: [SG2] Squad chain-of-command? Next: Re: [FMA] [Jon ?] Close combat weapons - two systems ?