Prev: RE: [SG2] Impact / Armor roll die shifts? Next: Re: [SG2] Squad chain-of-command?

Re: [DS2, SG2] Sci-Fi Flavor in Games

From: Michael Sarno <msarno@p...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 16:37:01 -0500
Subject: Re: [DS2, SG2] Sci-Fi Flavor in Games

Mike.Elliott@bull.co.uk wrote:

> Michael Sarno wrote:
> >    OK, what I've done in my SGII games (I haven't started gaming
DSII on
> my
> >own.) is to set up situations that simply wouldn't have occurred in
> historical
> >settings, or at least were extremely unlikely.
> >    In SGII, I figure most of the supply lines for the aggressor are
not
> on the
> >ground.  If they are attacking the planet with ground forces, I'm
assuming
> they
> >have control of near-orbit and drop a great deal of the supplies
directly
> to the
> >companies and battalions in the field.  Consequently, many of my
scenarios
> >center around isolated units securing a good drop or landing zone for
> resupply.
> >I also have an inordinate number of scenarios where the supplies
missed
> the drop
> >zone and two squads or platoons are rushing to get the supplies.  OK,
> admit,
> >it's not a heavy sci-fi feel, but it's not very historical, either.
>
> These scenarios sound really interesting. Are they on the Web
somewhere, or
> could
> you post them to this list?

    I haven't developed any of the scenarios enough to post them to my
web
site.  However, as they become ready, they will be added to the vault of
my
eGroups GZG scenarios discussion list
(http://www.egroups.com/group/gzg/info.html).

-Mike

--
Michael Sarno

http://vietnam.isonfire.com
Check out the Charlie Company Discussion Group:
Info, resources, and links for RAFM's miniatures
skirmish wargame of infantry combat in Vietnam 1965-1972

"The world has no room for cowards.
 We must all be ready to toil, to suffer, to die.
 And yours is no less noble because no drum beats
 before you when you go out in your daily battlefields.
 And no crowds shout about your coming when you
 return from your daily victory or defeat."
 -Robert Louis Stevenson

Prev: RE: [SG2] Impact / Armor roll die shifts? Next: Re: [SG2] Squad chain-of-command?