Prev: Could someone make me decals? Next: Re: Could someone make me decals?

Leader Loss

From: "Thomas.Barclay" <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 15:48:41 -0500
Subject: Leader Loss

Designating the succession through an entire force seems like overkill.
The
chart is pretty brain dead:
d6:
2 in 6 - gets better if possible
2 in 6 - status quo
2 in 6 - gets worse if possible

And I don't necessarily think PFC Bramblewood, 4 years in-country, is
necessarily gonna be worse than 2 Lt. Imanewguy who just arrived on the
scene from ROTC yesterday. Rank does not necessarily correspond to
leadership ability. If it did, every officer would be a leader.

Now, I liked someone's suggestion (posted on one of the SG2 web
resources)
(paraphrased as I recall it so I might be a wee bit off but the concept
is
what matters):

Leader was level 1:
2 in 6 - status quo
4 in 6 - gets worse if possible

Leader was level 2:
1 in 6 - gets better if possible
2 in 6 - status quo
3 in 6 - gets worse if possible

Leader was level 3:
2 in 6 - gets better if possible
2 in 6 - status quo
2 in 6 - gets worse if possible

This means that poor leaders can be killed off to let a good sergeant or
corporal behind them - which is historically believable. Good leaders
are
hard to replace or even equal.

Thomas Barclay
Software UberMensch
xwave solutions
(613) 831-2018 x 3008

Prev: Could someone make me decals? Next: Re: Could someone make me decals?