Prev: Re: [FMA] [Jon ?] Close combat weapons - two systems ? Next: Re: [SG2] Squad chain-of-command?

Re: What is FMA?

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 09:22:46 +0000
Subject: Re: What is FMA?

>Edward wrote:
>> Forgive me for a dumb question, but what is FMA that you guys are
>constantly talking about? I had assumed I could figure it out from the
>discussions, and a few webpages you mentioned, but I'm still
clueless...

>FMA: Full Metal Anorak. The core of GZG's published games, DSII and
SGII.
>Also used in GZG's unpublished Full Metal Codpiece (FMC), a
fantasy/medieval
>skirmish game, and also, confusingly enough in GZG's unpublished Full
Metal
>Anorak (FMA) [? I may have this name wrong. Corrections gratefully
>received!], the SF skirmish game. Basically the FMA system uses D4, D6,
D8,
>D10 & D12.

That's pretty close; yes, "The FMA System"  is the name we gave to the
game
engine of opposed polyhedral dice rolls, alternate activations etc. that
forms the core of both SGII and DSII.
And yes, we are using FMA as the overall title for the skirmish game
system
(already "previewed" in rough playtest form to the lucky denizens of
this
list!!), which will be man-to-man level (as opposed to the squad-based
level of SGII). FMC is a proposed (and partially tested) fantasy version
of
FMA.
FMA will see print as soon as it can be done, which means sometime after
FTFB2 and the Scenario Book (and either before or after FT3!).

Jon (GZG)