Prev: Re: Heard at The Local Game Store... Next: Re: Sculpting Miniatures

RE: Heard at The Local Game Store...

From: "Eli Arndt" <emu2020@h...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 19:39:20 PST
Subject: RE: Heard at The Local Game Store...

This is an old arguement in any game.  The new edition always ticks off
some
purist.  Any long-lived game is going to go through changes, and with
those
will come the rifting of the 'Old Guard' vs those who embrace the new
rules.

The thing that I find amusing is that a lot of these old edition players

have so many house rules and quick fixes of their own, that their
version
hardly resembles the original.

Don't give up your quest to find new players.  Pick them from the flock
and
address them independently if you need to.  Gaming groups tend to be
like
any other male-dominated grouping.  As long as there are others watchign

you, you tend to go with the group, but once cut from the heard, you are

more willign to listen to new ideas.

Peace,
Eli