Prev: Re: FT tactics vs slow ships, tiny ships are toast Next: Re: [DS] daleks (silly)

Re: [DS] daleks (silly)

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 09:08:39 +1000
Subject: Re: [DS] daleks (silly)

G'day guys,

Brian suggested:
>I would also have the Pyro-Daleks weapon work agians soft skined or
open-top
>vehicles as against infantry in soft cover.

Good idea, thanks!

Jeremey Wrote:
>I want some Daleks!
>You've made it sound so interesting that all I want to do is have
hordes of
>Daleks rolling across the battlefield.

Yes an inspiring sight! ;)
Only one word of warning, in game terms this is not a cheap army you're
often looking at opponents with 5x (or more) the number of troops you
bring
on - like I said hit fast or get swamped by the masses ;)

>Now if they made some cyber men we could have the showdown of the
century :)

Too true, I've been pondering how to convert existing human figures into
cybermen for my son, but as yet no sure fire way unfortunately (and I
haven't seen any for sale anywhere either).

>Just one or two points (well jokes really) about the dalek rules.
>
>> Confidence/Reaction Test Modifiers: Daleks never panic, but they do
cause
>> panic.
>
>So all that screaming, shouting and spinning from side to side when
ever
an alarm
>goes off or a certain doctor escapes itsn't panicking :)

Haven't you ever seen a logical search pattern before... "Daleks are the
SUPREME BEINGS, WE DO NOT PANIC!" ;)

>> Combat Characteristics: Have 5 damage points, draw 4 chits in
firefights,
>> but only 2 chits in close combat (damage dealt as normal - i.e. use
>> standard chit validities).
>
>So the 2 chits for close combat reflects the place sack over Daleks
>head or the spin it around till its dizzy tactics :)

You guessed! ;)

>> Marine: Essentially small submersible Daleks.
>
>Oh I was looking forward to Daleks with inflatable water wings.

;)

>Ok enough sillyness. Were the Daleks from Irregular Minatures?

Yep code number is NSF7 Robot Attack Class (2 in a pack) at a cost 55c
AU
(at least off Nic), by the way the Robot mechanic immediately below it
(i.e. NSF8) is actually R2D2.

Have fun

Beth - who finally got to see the Comic Relief skit of Dr Who (thanks to
Derek), that is too funny for words!!!

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: FT tactics vs slow ships, tiny ships are toast Next: Re: [DS] daleks (silly)