Prev: Re: DS2 Tanks Next: Re: Slow ships and big guns.."bonsai jammers"

Re: FT tactics vs slow ships, tiny ships are toast

From: GBailey@a...
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 08:48:45 EST
Subject: Re: FT tactics vs slow ships, tiny ships are toast

In a message dated 1/21/00 2:01:07 AM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-gzg-digest@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU writes:

>  around here.  My favorite two answers to this type of mildly-mobile
bases
> are
>  the SMs/fighters approach or the out-beaming approach.  Oerjan laid
it all
>  out, you can buy more dice with more restricted arcs and use your
> maneuvering
>  thrust to keep him in arc.  Concentrate fire.  Stay out of range of
his
C1s
>  while keeping him in range of your C2s.  Overwhelm him from a
distance.
Of
>  course, in a campaign setting, your fast fleet would dodge right by
his
> hulks
>  and attack the real target.

It's not that easy to keep ships in narrow arcs when close.  I've
designed
360 degree all class-2 beam ships, so I can outbeam him.  One was used
once by another and it dished out some damage.	We still lost due to
other
factors.  I don't use them cause it's cheesy.

You don't leave a dangerous enemy in your rear area.  What about your
assault ships waiting off somewhere while the fleet tries to drive off
the
enemy?

Glen

Prev: Re: DS2 Tanks Next: Re: Slow ships and big guns.."bonsai jammers"