Prev: Re: [FH] Alarishi Sovereignity Next: Re: FT tactics vs slow ships, tiny ships are toast

Re: The GZG Digest V1 #672

From: dadams@p...
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 12:30:56 +1000
Subject: Re: The GZG Digest V1 #672

I know what you mean- my first army in Dirtside (and it was so long ago
that
I'm not even going to think about the date) was a force that I build
from a
pair of 1/300 scale Battle of Hoth kits. I fielded about 4 AT-ATs, 2
AT-STs,
several teams of imperial snow troopers (with 1 team in three were APSW
teams), and a couple of tanks (the nasty three PPC tank from FASA)- I
wasn't
trying to field a force that would win, just one that looked cool, and
would
be fun to play :)

My opponent simply fielded a mass of conventional tanks (armed with
HELs)
and mech infantry. It was an ugly match for me as you can well guess- I
think over 50% of my force's point total was sunk in the AT-ATs... not
pretty when those things started going "boom" ;)
<<<

If you are palying Imperial, buy ortillery and lots of it. There is a
reason the
good guys have those snazzy Star Destroyers. These "Happy Fun Assult"
Ships
would turn most rebel scum into soap scum.

Also, AT-AT are extreamly well armoured. Level 7 might not do it
justice.
Remeber how the rebel scum weapons bounced off AT-AT?

Unfortunately DSII has the propblem of hadling high tech weapon systems.
Yes
they do cost more than the metho-powered tin can, but a High tech army
will
fight rings arround a low tech army (The Gulf War is a clasic example,
and the
tech was not that different between the Iraqis and Allies).

By the way, what did you use for the Daleks?
<<<

Yes Beth, do tell. My take would be PA troops each armed with a PIG, and
Elete
morale (Darleks dont surrender, they do however retreat to consolidate).
Also,
the Darlek Heavy Weapon varient is rather cool (even if the episode it
was in
sucked).

Darryl

Prev: Re: [FH] Alarishi Sovereignity Next: Re: FT tactics vs slow ships, tiny ships are toast