Prev: Re: Bailey's Lament Next: Re: over sized walkers

[FT] Vector markers [was Simultaneous fire [was UN etc]]

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 08:58:48 +1000
Subject: [FT] Vector markers [was Simultaneous fire [was UN etc]]

G'day again,

>> Yes, it is; it is even better if , after moving, you extend your tape
>> measure from the start-of-vector marker an equal distance PAST the
model
>> and place a ZTP (Zero-Thrust-Projection) marker where the ship's
vector
>> will place it NEXT turn if it applies no thrust.
>
>I thought about that, but it makes it too easy for those damn SM users
>(me in this case) to place their missiles.

I take it from that that you don't let people know you're current
velocity
etc? We play it that there are enough sensors on board to figure out how
fast the ship is going, so you often see SM players start marking out a
"cone of probability", not that it necessarily helps much ;)

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: Bailey's Lament Next: Re: over sized walkers