Prev: Beth's poll Next: [OT] Re: UK/US in balkans (as the UN)

SG II: Close combat revisited

From: Cleats Balentine <kevinbalentine@y...>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 09:53:21 -0800 (PST)
Subject: SG II: Close combat revisited

We've gone over the overrun issue and a few others,
but my group ran into another interesting close combat
situation over the weekend.

The defender had two squads, one in position in a
bombed out house, the other moving up behind them. On
table, the second squad was about four inches behind
the first.

A squad of power armor close assaults the first squad.
After losing five members of the six-man squad, the
last rifleman flees, moving behind the second squad.

The power armor wants to do an overrun and continue
its pursuit of the enemy, but to do that they would
have to either go through the second squad or close
assault the second squad.

How have other groups addressed this issue?

Personally, I think the close assault squad should be
allowed to continue its overrun even if it allows them
to close assault another squad, but only if that
intervening squad is directly in its path to the
fleeing foe.

A second option I would consider less appealing would
be to allow the close assault squad to ignore the
intervening foe because the close assault round
sequence is "outside" the regular turn sequence.

What do you think?
http://im.yahoo.com

Prev: Beth's poll Next: [OT] Re: UK/US in balkans (as the UN)