Prev: Cancon 00 Next: Re: Errr. Pardon?

Re: Errr. Pardon?

From: "Jim 'Jiji' Foster" <jfoster@k...>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 23:35:03 -0600
Subject: Re: Errr. Pardon?

At 06:43 AM 1/17/00 -0500, you wrote:
>On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Los wrote:
>One of the other idea was to use the C5 as a tactical aircraft for
>tactical drops. Now that would have been impressive! I would have
gladly
>paid extra taxes to see that kind of massive airdrop. I certainly think

>it would have been better than the C-13 with all its teething troubles.

>Better a tried and true airframe with nice updates. Too many composites

>are the C-13's weakness IMO.

For an extremely tangental anime reference to this kind of thing, the
series Gundam Wing feature extensive use of C5-sized aircraft for
ferrying
about and ocasionally combat-dropping various mobile suits (big honkin'
giant robots, for those not familiar with the Gundam world(s)). In fact,
in
one ep a MS fires from a Starlifter in close air support of a ground
battle. Possible DSII scenario rule?

Random thoughts....

Prev: Cancon 00 Next: Re: Errr. Pardon?