Prev: Re: OT: Battleships vs. Carriers... Next: Re: ID codes - second draft

Re: Ship designation decals, suggestions...

From: Thomas Pope <tpope@c...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 07:26:44 -0500
Subject: Re: Ship designation decals, suggestions...

Donald Hosford wrote:

> Not bad.
> At those supply prices one would make sure the pic was ready before
> printing...

Yep!

> Can it double as a standard Ink jet at normal paper/ink prices?  If
so, that
> would make for a very cool printer.

The $1 per page is just for the regular ink that it uses, there's
nothing
special (from the printer's perspective) about printing on decal paper.
It
wasn't actually intended as a decal printer, it just ended up being
perfect for
the job.  I think they intended it as a higher quality alternative to
inkjet.

By the way, that $1 figure is for an "average" color page, taken from a
review I
read on the web.  I'm not sure how much a black cartridge costs, but I
imagine
it wouldn't be that much more expensive to run it as your normal printer
(considering the costs of inkjet carteridges these days)

Tom

--
Thomas Pope
Human Computer Interaction Institute

Prev: Re: OT: Battleships vs. Carriers... Next: Re: ID codes - second draft