Prev: Re: Decals Next: Re: Heavy Fighter Technology

Re: Transport designations

From: Tom Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 01:32:40 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)
Subject: Re: Transport designations

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Edward Lipsett wrote:

> > From: Thomas Pope <tpope@cs.cmu.edu>
> > Can anyone tell me what good designations would be for the
following?

> > Heavy Freighter
> > Medium Freighter
> > Light Freighter
> > Free Trader
> > Fleet Auxillary
> > Assault Transport
> > Bulk Carrier
> > Starliner
>
> There is an extensive list of ship types and codes at:
> http://members.tripod.com/%7Earmagebedar/html/sds.html
>
> They are for the StarWars universe, and hence a lot of them are pretty
> useless to FT, but it is certainly worth a look.

someone should get hold of and take a look at Lloyd's Register of
Shipping; it has a big list of the codes used to specify civil ships,
and
they don't look much like the AX codes people have been producing - i
think those are military codes for military non-combat ships (but i
could
be wrong).

tom

Prev: Re: Decals Next: Re: Heavy Fighter Technology