Prev: Re: Frigates, Destroyers and Cruisers! Oh My! (was Re: Decals) Next: Re: (FT) NAC 23rd Raider Group

Re: Errr. Pardon?

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 19:12:17 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Errr. Pardon?

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Thomas.Barclay wrote:

> ** With the exception of the AC-130, I don't think I've ever heard of
an
> aircraft carrying a 100mm plus cannon.

C5's carry 120mm and 155mm's all the time. Now you may note that this is

as cargo, but that was where the Centaro was being referred to. An Air
Portable Tank is usually not going to be in the 70 tonne range like the
Abrams unless you are talking about Strategic transport.

The issue was air mobile armour that had heavy firepower and was still
air mobile in a useful manner (ie rough fields, minimal support at the
field).

You should see what those russian transports carry around.

- Ryan Montieth Gill	  NRA / DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -

Prev: Re: Frigates, Destroyers and Cruisers! Oh My! (was Re: Decals) Next: Re: (FT) NAC 23rd Raider Group