Prev: Re: Frigates, Destroyers and Cruisers! Oh My! (was Re: Decals) Next: Errr. Pardon?

Re: Frigates, Destroyers and Cruisers! Oh My! (was Re: Decals)

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 16:36:24 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Frigates, Destroyers and Cruisers! Oh My! (was Re: Decals)

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, They came, they grabbed, we whomped wrote:

> >> I think the FFH and DDH designations are best.  Stick with them.
> >
> >The FF and DD designations are only used in the USN to denote when
there is
> >no other designator. So you'll never (in the USN) run acrros a FFH or
a FFG
> >they would be FH and FG.
>
> Au contraire, mon frere, FFG is used quite heavily in the USN. My
brother
> served on FFG 57 ("Reuben James").
>
> DDG is also used.
>
> For two-letter designations, CG is used for missile cruiser in the
USN.

The NAC or NSL really wouldn't have much in the way of XXG or XG craft
(with the exception of things like the Walburg Ms, those being DDGs).
However the FSE and ESU are very XXG and XG heavy. In some cases even
being BBGs and BDNGs. If you've got an armament of Salvo Missiles or MT
missiles, tack a G on there to indicate the guided missile compliment.

- Ryan Montieth Gill	  NRA / DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -

Prev: Re: Frigates, Destroyers and Cruisers! Oh My! (was Re: Decals) Next: Errr. Pardon?