Prev: Re: OT: Battleships vs. Carriers... Next: RE: Frigates, Destroyers and Cruisers! Oh My! (was Re: Decals)

Re: ChitDrawer source.

From: Tom Granvold <Thomas.Granvold@E...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 09:58:51 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: ChitDrawer source.

Matthew L. Seidl wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Jan 2000 20:47:59 +1300, "Andrew Martin" writes:

> >I'm considering getting a Palm PC in the near future. Do you know
what
> >software development tools are available for it?
> >

> For a palm pilot you can use either the gcc-port (gcc front end and a
> palm back end to make native .prc files) or Metroworks Codewarrior,
> which has a palm version.

   These two are probably the best available but there are others.
In my wanderings through Palm sites I've seen Forth, Scheme, Java,
and another C development tools available.  Some of them quite cheap
or even free, though remember you get what you pay for.  I love my
Palm and am glad to see a lot of programs written for it.  Just wish
I had time to do some of my own programming.

   Someone else asked if Palms are still called Palm Pilots.  Officially
they are not.  The Pilot Pen company insisted that the pilot part of the
name be dropped :-(  There are also the new ones available from
Handspring
called Visor which are compatable with the existing Palms.

Enjoy,
Tom Granvold				<thomas.granvold@eng.sun.com>

Prev: Re: OT: Battleships vs. Carriers... Next: RE: Frigates, Destroyers and Cruisers! Oh My! (was Re: Decals)