Prev: Re: [FT] fleet colour schemes (picts wanted) (long) Next: Re: [FT] How screens work (was Re: UNSC designs)

Re: [FT] How screens work (was Re: UNSC designs)

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 09:16:15 +1000
Subject: Re: [FT] How screens work (was Re: UNSC designs)

G'day Rob,

>Here's my try at how screens work--since beams can be defined as
charged
>particle beams (I am assuming electron, since that's easier to go FAST)
which
>is why they can casue widespread system failures, then screens could be
some
>sort of Faraday Field/Cage or some other electro-magnetic mumbo-jumbo.

OK that sounds reasonable.

>So, that means the shape of the field could vary from "along ship
skin/hull (via
>embedded network)"

Which is what Derek was thinking of.

>or "100 meter circle centered on Generator" or anything in
>between.

Which also sounds good - though it'd be interesting to see what happened
if
the spheres of ships interpenetrated ;)

Best bit is depending on which system your nation went with it'd cover
both
options of allowed/not-allowed on modules - great thinking!

;)

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: [FT] fleet colour schemes (picts wanted) (long) Next: Re: [FT] How screens work (was Re: UNSC designs)