Prev: Re: [FT] Crew Professionalism and Ship Quality (longish) Next: Re: [FT] fleet colour schemes (picts wanted) (long)

RE: Heavy Fighter Technology

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 18:07:10 -0500 (EST)
Subject: RE: Heavy Fighter Technology

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Robertson, Brendan wrote:

> These are all designed according to SG/DS, which doesn't allow
screens.
> To make heavy fighters under the rules, it required reactive armour
(vs GMS)
> & PDS systems.  I still couldn't do much about direct fire weapons,
but
> there's a range difference between GMS & direct fire weapons anyway.

Well, vs ADS, why not require that the ADS actually increasing the
armour
rating by 1 (effectively armour 6) thus you'd have to beat 6 in order to

destroy it, and pull 6 chits to damage it.

- Ryan Montieth Gill	  NRA / DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -