Prev: RE: Clone Corps and Non-Citizen Warriors Next: Re: [FT] How screens work (was Re: UNSC designs)

Re: Ship ID decals, first draft

From: Tom Pope <tpope@c...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 16:52:08 -0500
Subject: Re: Ship ID decals, first draft

Dean Gundberg wrote:

> I don't know if you really need to have the '-1' and '-2' on there.  I
could
> just as easily steal them from some of the transports I didn't use.

True I suppose...

> Plus you may not want to include the dashes with the extra numbers
since the
> letter codes already have a dash, then you have room for more numbers.

My feeling was that the dask would make it easier to line it up with the
ID code.  In general, I've been making sacrifices in versitility for
ease of use, perhaps it's time to move slightly the other direction?

> They are also a bit smaller than I thought.  I have seen 1/4" tall
lettering
> used on bases and that is a bit big.	From the gif, these look like
they
> will end up a bit less than 1/8" tall.  I'd prefer them to be a bit
larger
> than 1/8" tall but that is me, listen to the rest of the list and see
what
> they want too.

I'll print out a test sheet tomorrow and give the actual (as printed)
size of the letters.  Plus I'll bring in a base and "dry fit" one to see
how it looks...

Tom

Prev: RE: Clone Corps and Non-Citizen Warriors Next: Re: [FT] How screens work (was Re: UNSC designs)