Prev: Re: basing for DS II Next: Re: OT: Battleships vs. Carriers...

Re: Ship designation decals, suggestions...

From: RWHofrich@a...
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 16:11:32 EST
Subject: Re: Ship designation decals, suggestions...

In a message dated 1/10/00 1:37:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tpope@cs.cmu.edu
writes:

> The -X might be useful for experimental craft, and the -m for missile
craft.
>  I'm kind of waffling on the missile destroyer thing.  Currently I've
got
DDM
> for
>  the missile destroyers used by various fleets, as well as -M to add
the
>  designation to another type of ship.
>
>  At any rate, I'll welcome all comments on the subject.

20th Century navies generally use the letter "G" for designating missile

ships (as in "DDG") meaning Guided Missile, I believe.	Just so happens
that's the designation I use as well...

...but then, I'm weird and make my own decals (okay, they're not really
decals, but they work).

Rob

Prev: Re: basing for DS II Next: Re: OT: Battleships vs. Carriers...