Prev: Re: Decals Next: Re: Decals

Decals

From: "Thomas.Barclay" <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 15:09:11 -0500
Subject: Decals

Here are the latest numbers:

12x SC CT FF DD
 8x FFH DDG DDH

** Okay, what's the H? DDG says to me guided missile destroyer. I'd
prefer
the more generic DD. I'm not sure what the H qualifier adds? Anyone? Is
it a
good idea for GZGverse ships? Is H for heavy frigate? Heavy (super)
destroyer? If so, can we have normal FFs?

<Someone else said they can't see fielding 12 scouts... maybe we should
give
them the initial BJ for "things which suck salvo missiles...">

 6x CL CE CH

** If you're going to use CH, which I can live with, instead of adding
6xCA,
you could add 6xCM or PC (patrol cruiser or medium cruiser).

 4x BC BB DN BDN
 2x SDN CVL CVE CVH CVA

** These are good. (Of course, CVS (Strike Carrier) works too).

We're only talking about early sheets too - later ones can add in all
the
"less useful" classes.

Also, as far as ship names, a page with 2 copies of each name as...

Royal Sovereign RNS-  BC-
Royal Sovereign RNS-  BC-

... and the numbers would let each of us assign (since no one has yet
come
up with a full fleet listing though I'd love to see Indy's to start with
-
*hint* *hint*) our own numerics to the ships.

The reason for splitting numerics and letter codes is it lets some of us
(who want to) label our ships as BC-123 Royal Sovereign and others label
it
as RNS-123 Royal Sovereign. It allows people to tailor to taste. (Though
like most things, some on the list will want it the simplest way, others
will want the flexibility...)

My comment to Dean is if you think you are hamfisted, buy two decal
sheets.
:) For those of us who are careful, I'd rather have more decals per
sheet.
I'll buy a second sheet if I'm worried. Otherwise, I have waste decals
the tune of half the sheet....

Thomas Barclay
Software UberMensch
xwave solutions