Prev: Fleet Colour schemes Next: Re: Decals

Re: Decals

From: "They came, they grabbed, we whomped" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 14:28:02 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Decals

>This brings up an interesting topic: Indy has fleet lists, but not a
>compiled list of ship names for the fleet. Is anyone working on such a
list?
>Should someone (else... I'm too busy getting ready for lancaster)
compile
>one?

Well..........I've been doing my own list of ship name collecting and
assigning....some of them appear in the fleet rosters (notably the big
ships like SDNs and carriers). Plus I have listed for many of my non-
FleetBook ships names in the rosters. I've been hesitant to put out my
list of ship names for the fleetbook ships 'cause everyone has their own
opinion for naming schemes and I didn't want to feel like I was imposing
on someone else's list/opinions for ship names.

>Now, for "onship" decals, national logos are good. So too is the hull
art
>idea (keep in mind the different ship shapes). And the aforementioned
ship
>names, if you can get them in a small enough font. One of the downsides
is
>few GZG ships give you an area to put a long thin decal on without too
much
>hull detail to cause problems.... Jon likes to contour his ships...

There're always the bases...  :)   (I know, doesn't look the same,
but...)

Mk
-
Only the bravest try where eagles and angels dare to fly
<*>

Prev: Fleet Colour schemes Next: Re: Decals