Prev: [FT] DECALS Next: Re: Digest crashes my email software

Re: The GZG Digest V1 #653

From: dadams@p...
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 12:26:22 +1000
Subject: Re: The GZG Digest V1 #653

>WHo'd argue - for pin point landing support who can beat the
>battlewagon. When you loose 9 16" rounds there is no counter measure
>the enemy can utilize, there is not pilot in danger and a ton of
explosives
>will do wonders  to alleviate the difficulties ofamphibious assaults.
>We're gonna miss the  New Jersies someday real badly.

The problem apparently is the cost. This may be incorrect, but I heard
that the
main expense if the gun tubes. The BB where able to be extended because
they
found some surplus
gun liners rusting in a field. The cost to produce these are extreamly
expensive, and the vessles themeslves , while hevily overengineered for
the
1940's , are showing there age now.

Darryl

Prev: [FT] DECALS Next: Re: Digest crashes my email software