Prev: Digest crashes my email software Next: [FT] DECALS

Re: [FT] How screens work (was Re: UNSC designs)

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 12:18:53 +1000
Subject: Re: [FT] How screens work (was Re: UNSC designs)

G'day Laserlight,

>Beth used lots of idioms while discussing screens and modules,
>all of which have been mercilessly snipped.

Think of it as exorcising the email equivalent of a terrible accent ;)

>I proposed, some time ago, freighter which could operate as
>armed merchantmen with the addition of weapons modules...

All of which looks grand and very sensible, but doesn't really answer my
question about how you think screens may even vaguely work ;)

>Alternately, the way some Real Life navies approach the problem
>is to make standard weapon/system mounts and spaces, and build
>the ship so you can install whatever payload you wish.

Also sounds like a good idea and is how I imagined the various variants
of
the FB designs had come about (sorta anyway).

Cheers

Beth - who will endeavour to be more idiom free for your convenience ;)

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Digest crashes my email software Next: [FT] DECALS