Prev: RE: Future History for Japan Next: Re: Future History for Japan

Re: OT: Battleships vs. Carriers...

From: Popeyesays@a...
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 20:05:49 EST
Subject: Re: OT: Battleships vs. Carriers...

In a message dated 1/10/00 3:56:33 PM Central Standard Time,
books@mail.state.fl.us writes:

<< If actually removing the enemy is what you desire then it's a
 no brainer, no brains in the rounds from the BB or brains in
 the plane.

The original comment was in reference to the support of amphibious
operations
- yes I'd rather have the support of the 16" guns until I pass out of
there
range limitations, then I will be happy to call upon MLRS. gun tubes,
mortars, VTOL's and conventional aircraft RPV's and Point guided
munitions.
By the way all you need is a laser designator and the 16" rounds are
just as
guidable as the Army's Copperheaad rounds.

Prev: RE: Future History for Japan Next: Re: Future History for Japan