Prev: Re: Ship designation decals, suggestions... Next: Re: Ship designation decals, suggestions...

[FT] How screens work (was Re: UNSC designs)

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 09:00:58 +1000
Subject: [FT] How screens work (was Re: UNSC designs)

G'day guys,

>The biggest problem I have with that is Screens (I'd try and suggest
>something on that, but after analysing screens of numbers all day my
brain
>went into meltdown about 15 minutes ago, so I'm pretty much useless
right
>now).

I knew you guys would come and point out how to make "screen modules",
unfortunately that wasn't what I meant (yeah I know I need to be
clearer,
but my Mum wasn't a bubble dancer..) ;)

As soon as I suggested modular designs down here last year the first
response I got was "well screens are out becuase they'd have to be from
the
main ship to make sure the envelope works properly, putting them on a
module is pretty dodgy" <i.e. not allowed>. OK that's only one PSB on
the
situation, but it was interesting to note that none of you have that
same
opinion (or maybe I should day hang-up ;)  ). Is that because you think
screens work differently, you don't think it matters or you don't really
care lets just go play for heavens sakes ( ;) ) ?

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: Ship designation decals, suggestions... Next: Re: Ship designation decals, suggestions...