Prev: Re: Ship designation decals, suggestions... Next: (FT) NAC 23rd Raider Group

RE: OT: Battleships vs. Carriers...

From: Mike Wikan <MWikan@m...>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 13:58:44 -0800
Subject: RE: OT: Battleships vs. Carriers...

Um.. I don't know if you have been following RPV (Remotely Piloted
Vehicle)
current tech, but those BB rounds are guided by a set of eyes orbiting
overhead in an itty-bitty stealthy RPV equipped with IR, UV , Laser
designators, GPS and freakin' Coffee Machines! Those BB rounds are a
hell of
a lot better FOR SOME PURPOSES. they are obviously limited by range, but
within their envelope there is no way you can substitute a Carrier Wing
for
it's effect on the modern battlefield short of an air-dropped nuke.