Prev: Re: Pricing old figures Next: Re: Ship designation decals, suggestions...

Ship designation decals, suggestions...

From: Thomas Pope <tpope@c...>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 13:34:36 -0500
Subject: Ship designation decals, suggestions...

With a couple of friends I've started to work on producing custom decals
for
miniatures that we'll be offering for sale relatively soon, providing
all goes
well.

One of the packs I wanted to make is a set of decals for ship
identification.
(usually set to the base)  These would be block lettering and provide
(hopefully) everything someone would need to mark their entire fleet.

So, if you would be so kind as to review the symbols below and let me
know if
there is anything represented in their fleet that could not be
constructed with
that set.

-------- Begin Symbol Set ---------
SC-1 SC-2 SC-3 SC-4 SC-5 SC-6 SC-7 SC-8 CT-1 CT-2 CT-3 CT-4 CT-5 CT-6
FF-1 FF-2 FF-3 FF-4 FF-5 FF-6 DD-1 DD-2 DD-3 DD-4 DD-5 DD-6
DDM-1 DDM-2 DDM-3 DDM-4 DDM-5 DDM-6
DH-1 DH-2 DH-3 DH-4 CL-1 CL-2 CL-3 CL-4 CE-1 CE-2 CE-3 CE-4
CH-1 CH-2 CH-3 CH-4 BC-1 BC-2 BC-3 BC-4 BB-1 BB-2 BB-3 BB-4
DN-1 DN-2 DN-3 DN-4
BDN-1 BDN-2 BDN-3 BDN-4 SDN-1 SDN-2 CVL-1 CVL-2 CVH-2 CVH-2 CVA-1 CVA-2
-3 -3 -4 -4 -5 -5 -5 -5 -6 -6 -6 -6 -7 -7 -7 -7 -8 -8 -8 -8 -9 -9 -9 -9

-10 -10 -10 -10 -X -X -X -X -M -M -M -M
--------- End Symbol Set ----------

I'm trying to design a set that can encompass most fleets with little or
no
decal clipping, so if the overwealming concenus is that fleets rarely
have more
than 2 Battledreadnoughts and often have more than 6 Corvettes, I can
adjust the
list accordingly.  For the times when someone has a fleet outside the
"norm"
I've included a bunch of additoinal numbers at the end, complete with
dashes to
help line them up.

This set covers everything in the fleet book except for the NAC Heavy
Frigates
(designated as simply a frigate in the data box) Would people like to
see a FH
classification as well?

The -X might be useful for experimental craft, and the -m for missile
craft.
I'm kind of waffling on the missile destroyer thing.  Currently I've got
DDM for
the missile destroyers used by various fleets, as well as -M to add the
designation to another type of ship.

At any rate, I'll welcome all comments on the subject.

Thanks

Tom

P.S. On a related topic, I'd love to hear any suggestions for decal sets
people
     would like to see; any scale and any era.

--
Thomas Pope
Human Computer Interaction Institute

Prev: Re: Pricing old figures Next: Re: Ship designation decals, suggestions...