Prev: Re: [FT] Crew Professionalism and Ship Quality (longish) Next: Re: UNSC designs

Re: basing for DS II

From: RWHofrich@a...
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 20:48:08 EST
Subject: Re: basing for DS II

In a message dated 1/9/00 12:45:21 AM Eastern Standard Time,
JRebori682@aol.com writes:

> How do you mount them? First, I have both the old square bases, which
>  prefer. And the newer inline bases. Which do others use? Does anyone
use
> both?

I mount troops on a roughly 1" x 1" base--usually four/stand for line
troops
and three or two figs for special teams (GMS, etc.).

>  How about mounting the teams? Use the same bases? Use less figures?
>
>  John Rebori
>  Don't think of it as being outnumbered
>  Think of it as having a wide shot selection

I don't use wide stands because at the ground scale of DS2 you'd have a
fireteam spread out over a ridiculous amount of ground (at least in my
humble
opinion).  And if you used a "shorter-width" stand, then the troops
would
have to be placed pretty close together and that wouldn't look right.
At
least IMHO.

Besides, with the roughly 1" stands, I can use the figures for other
rules
that I like--Crossfire, Spearhead, CD, and others (yes, I know those are
WW2
rules, but at 6mm scale as long as you paint the figures in the
appropriate
colors, who can tell the difference anyway?).

Rob

Prev: Re: [FT] Crew Professionalism and Ship Quality (longish) Next: Re: UNSC designs